We carried about 100,000 passengers in the past year. Imagine what would happen on a day when we're running 75 buses (as we did on three occasions this academic year) if 5% of the students decide to ride the wrong bus, ask for a bus to wait for them, claim they bought a ticket but forgot to ride it, or in general ask for special treatment. Imagine the effect that all of this would have on the other 95%. It would be chaos. We have a few very simple rules. Bring a printed ticket. Don't try to get on a bus you can't get a ticket for because it's sold out by using a ticket for another date. Don't try to get two rides when you have only paid for one. Don't try to ride with a counterfeit ticket. Most people find these rules quite reasonable, and most follow them. Unfortunately, about 1/10 of one percent of our customers choose to try to cheat us. When we detect a cheater, we send them a letter asking that they make good on their deal with us. When they refuse, we ask the court for assistance in collecting the money that is owed to us. If we don't pursue cheaters and recover the revenue that is owed to us, the cost of tickets will go up for the honest passengers. Also, if we let the cheaters skate, we'd have more and more cheaters.